Lip Augmentation in Ottawa
Fuller lips are associated with youth, beauty, and sensuality. In fact, studies have found that women with fuller and firmer lips are perceived as younger than they really are. With fuller lips, you can continue to appear young even with other signs of aging.
Get Fuller Looking Lips
Unfortunately, as we age our lips become thinner, due to loss of collagen and natural hyaluronic acid. Luckily, there are lip augmentation treatments that allows us to enhance your lips so they look fuller and more defined without looking overdone.
By using small amounts of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, Dr. Caroline Tosoni can:
- Restore your lips back to their original volume
- Add additional volume
- Redefine the lip contour
- Soften fine lines around the mouth
- Restore symmetry in uneven lips
- Define your Cupid’s bow
- Reverse a downward smile
The Latest in Lip Augmentation Fillers
Juvederm® Volbella is the newest and most advanced dermal filler for lip enhancement. As one of the most experienced cosmetic physicians in Canada, Dr. Tosoni was one of the country’s first to be trained on how to use Volbella.
The benefits of this filler over others include:
- An even smoother and softer look and feel
- Less bruising and swelling after a treatment
- Potentially longer-lasting results
Other fillers for lip augmentation we use include:
- Juvederm® Ultra
- Juvederm® Ultra Plus
Lip Augmentation FAQ
How quickly will I see a difference after my treatment?
The results of your lip augmentation will be seen immediately following a treatment.
How long does a lip enhancement last?
Typically, lip augmentation lasts 2 to 4 months the first time you receive dermal filler but then typically last 4 to 6 months with subsequent treatments.*
Does it hurt?
Juvederm® lip fillers contain lidocaine, a topical anesthetic agent for a more comfortable procedure. Dr. Tosoni’s injection technique is such that patients often comment on how pleasantly surprised they were at how comfortable their lip treatment was.
Are there side effects?
Typical side effects, if they occur, are bruising and mild swelling. This can usually be minimized by icing the area immediately following a treatment.
For full list of possible side effects please click here.
Will the results of my lip augmentation look fake?
To achieve an aesthetically-pleasing look, lip rejuvenation requires an exceptionally artistic eye in addition to excellent technical skills. It’s the most difficult facial area to work with injections, and with Dr. Tosoni’s years of experience and comprehensive understanding of human anatomy, she will work with you to make sure your lips are the exact size and shape you’re looking for.
Click here for Juvederm™ disclaimer
Juvederm Dermal Fillers
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM® ULTRA PLUS XC injectable gels are for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should I be aware of?
- Tell your Dr. Tosoni if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM® XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and, while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
*Disclaimer: Results are not guaranteed. Experience may vary from one individual to the other. Please consult with your physician as these treatments may not be suitable for your specific condition.