Dermal Fillers and Collagen
Reverse Aging with Juvederm™, Botox®, and More
As we age, a combination of factors can result in the loss of our youthful look. Understanding this is the first step in realizing why dermal fillers are such a useful tool in medical aesthetics.
Treating Aging with Dermal Fillers
If you’re experiencing aging, dermal fillers like Juvederm™ can be injected into the following places:
- The lips, for fullness
- Along the lip line to erase “smoker’s lines” or “bar code lines”
- In the tear trough to diminish the appearance of sunken eyes
- The temporal hollow, which can make you look emaciated or unhealthy
- The cheeks, to recreate lift and remove the drawn and tired look
- The lines on the side of the nose, “parenthesis lines” or “laugh lines”
- Smile lines on the side of the face
- Around the mouth, chin, and jaw line to recreate facial contouring
- The earlobes, to give support back to earrings
- The hands, to reduce the appearance of veins and restore volume
A Mini Face Lift, At A Fraction of the Cost
By correcting several areas using multiple injections in a single session, you get the effect of a mini face lift at a fraction of the cost! There is no downtime and no surgery when using Juvederm™, Botox®, and other cosmetic fillers.
Results from injections with Juvederm™ dermal filler such as Ultra, Ultra Plus and Volbella typically last 6 – 12 month. Juvederm Voluma lasts a little longer, typically around 12 – 18 months. Factors affecting the duration of your results include*:
- Where it’s injected in the face
- How much product is used
- If you’ve had previous injections in the same area
- If you smoke
- If you exercise regularly
An Artistic Approach
Dr. Tosoni takes a true artistic approach when performing your injections. By understanding the 3-dimensional aspects of the aging face and how it relates to the functional anatomy and volume loss of your treatment area, she ensures the end result is pleasing to the eye, refined, and never overdone.
*Disclaimer: Results are not guaranteed. Experience may vary from one individual to the other. Please consult with your physician as these treatments may not be suitable for your specific condition.
Juvederm™ Dermal Injections FAQ
Are injections painful?
Dr. Tosoni takes all the precautions necessary to make your experience comfortable, taking her time with the entire treatment process. Ice is typically applied to the skin prior to the injection, to help numb the treatment area. Also, most dermal fillers contain Lidocaine 0.3%, a mild local anesthetic. This makes the injections very comfortable.
Why choose Dr. Tosoni for my dermal injections?
Dr. Caroline Tosoni has over 17 years of experience in the field of medical aesthetics and has trained with some of the most well-recognized plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and medical aesthetic physicians in the country.
Recognized in the industry as one of the finest and most experienced injectors in the country, she annually performs more dermal filler treatments than 99% of all other injectors performing this treatment in Canada! Dr. Tosoni performs all her pre-treatment assessments herself, and does all injections personally.
With her excellent understanding of the three-dimensional aspect of the aging face and how it relates to functional anatomy and volume loss, she is well-equipped to provide the best possible treatment outcome.
To gain a better understanding of what Juvederm™ can do for you, and how you will experience results, book your consultation.
When will I start seeing results?
Results with your injections are immediate, natural, and amazing. Treatments are tailored to your specific needs, with Dr. Tosoni treating either an isolated area or adopting a more global approach based on the results you’re looking for.
Are there side effects?
With dermal filler injections, side effects are minimal and can include bruising, redness, tenderness, and some swelling.
For full list of possible side effects please click here.
Click here for Juvederm™ disclaimer
Juvederm Dermal Fillers
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM® ULTRA PLUS XC injectable gels are for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should I be aware of?
- Tell your Dr. Tosoni if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM® XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and, while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.