Restore Youthful Beauty
One of the areas that has been neglected in the past was the lost of volume on each side of the upper third of face, the region around the temple. This is referred to as Temporal volume loss, or Temporal hollowness.
More than any of the other signs of aging, loss of volume in temples makes men and women alike look aged, if not unwell and tired. It is typically seen in individuals with thin skin or of an advanced age, and in younger patients that are very active physically. Runners are especially prone to this phenomenon.
Loss of volume in the temples can quickly and easily be remedied by injecting small amounts of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, such as Juvederm® or Restylane® deep in the temples.
Dermal filler injections are a very comfortable procedure. The lifting effect is immediate. Side effects are minimal, often manifesting as light bruising. As a bonus, when we add volume to the temple, this also tends to accentuate the brow, creating a brow lift, as the dermal filler provides more structure to the underlying skin.
A dermal filler injection is a more delicate procedure and should only be done by a physician with advanced training with dermal fillers. Dr. Tosoni is nationally recognized as one of the industry’s most experienced physicians in medical aesthetics. She is a certified advanced injector of Botox® Cosmetics and Dermal Fillers, and as such is a trusted physician to do dermal filler injections in the temples.
Temporal Volume Loss Restoration in Ottawa
Are you noticing your face isn’t as youthful as it once was? Several aging changes occur in the upper third of our faces:
- Forehead wrinkles appear
- Deep lines between the brows develop
- Brows descend and drop
- Eyelashes become thinner and shorter
- Fine lines appear around the eyes
- Sunken eyes and deeper tear troughs make us look tired
We can address these aging issues with a combination of Botox® treatments, Dermal Filler treatments, and Latisse® eyelash growth treatment for a full upper face rejuvenation.
Click here for Juvederm™ disclaimer
Juvederm Dermal Fillers
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM® ULTRA PLUS XC injectable gels are for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is for injection into the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC injectable gel is for injection into the lips for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral lines in adults over 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUVÉDERM® injectable gel formulation?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the Gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should I be aware of?
- Tell your Dr. Tosoni if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell Dr. Tosoni if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most commonly reported side effects with JUVÉDERM® injectable gels included injection-site redness, swelling, pain, tenderness, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, discoloration, and itching. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, dryness was also reported. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, most side effects were moderate and lasted 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM® XC, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, most side effects were mild or moderate and lasted 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using these products is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and, while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
*Disclaimer: Results are not guaranteed. Experience may vary from one individual to the other. Please consult with your physician as these treatments may not be suitable for your specific condition.